Wednesday, December 8, 2010

HOLIDAY PROJECT #1 - Homemade Wrapping Paper


Yes, Virginia, I made my own wrapping paper, and you can too.  You are only limited by the size of paper you can run through your printer.  I can only run letter and legal size through (though I long -- if you'll pardon the pun -- for a 12" carriage!), so this piece is letter size.  I altered a picture of my cousin's little boy (which makes him my first cousin once removed, though most people don't know stuff like that -- geez, why do I?!) and checkerboard-ed him with Garfield.  It was surprisingly quick and easy.  It's amazing the things a person can come up with while suffering from insomnia (or maybe coffee was not such a good idea at 11:00 PM).  The down side here is that you'll need a relatively small gift in order to use paper this small.  In my case I printed out two sheets, wrapped the top of the gift with one sheet and the bottom with another and then covered the side seam with a ribbon.  You're really only limited by your imagination (and graphic supply).  Now go have fun and report back telling me what design you made.  I'll be waiting.  (Seriously, I will, so don't let me down.)

This is linked to Seasonal Sundays.


Join us weekly for

2 comments:

Priya Sreeram said...

hey this is awesome and so very unique--loved it !

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Pattie--seriously--if I start making my own wrapping paper I will NEVER be ready for Christmas--BUT this is adorable and such a good idea! Oh the temptations!!!! I haven't even done cookies yet, and now I'm adding this to my TO DO list!! Linda