Thursday, August 18, 2011

Filet Zanti

Do you remember those commercials from the Beef Council proclaiming "Beef. It's what's for dinner"? Those words have been going through my head all week.  So when it came time for dinner this evening, beef is exactly what I wanted!  Now, I don't know about you, but when I think beef, I think a thick, juicy steak, filet if possible.  So I pulled out one of my Special Requests cookbooks of recipes from area restaurants and decided on Filet Zanti from Zanti's Ristoranti.  Doesn't this look beautiful?  It was!  And do you know what else?  Making a meal this delicious is also easy.  Not only that, but this recipe serves one. So if you find yourself alone some evening, you can make this wonderful meal just for yourself.  It can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled.  Here's another tip, no need to fire up the grill, particularly if you're making just one.  I cooked mine in a pan on top of the stove and it turned out beautifully.  Here is the recipe straight from the book; my dinner plate is pictured below.  
Doesn't mine look as pretty as the picture?  What are you waiting for?  Dig in!
Happy Friday!




5 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Trust me, if I could dig in to that steak right now, I would!!

:)
ButterYum

a joyful noise said...

Beef it is - - and how wonderful it looks from your photos!

So Domesticated said...

It looks so fancy!

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

So great looking! I want steak for dinner now. BTW, your picture looks better than the cookbook picture! :) Have a great weekend!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That does look delicious! I love a good steak now and then. The sauce sounds wonderful.