Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake

It was 102 degrees here today, so not the best day for cranking up the oven, but I've been in such a mood for something lemony all summer long. Having recently returned from a lengthy baking hiatus, it was good to get back into the kitchen and bake. This Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake from Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy food blog is one of the best pound cakes I've ever eaten.

The glaze was not part of the recipe. I just stirred lemon juice into powdered sugar and drizzled it over the top.

It was well worth the hot kitchen.

This post is linked to:


4 comments:

carolinaheartstrings said...

That looks just so delicious. I love lemon anything. Yum. Come over and visit us. We have a terrific scone recipe today.

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my, this looks and sounds delish! I love lemon anything. I'm visiting from Cast Party and so glad to find your blog. There used to be a place in Dallas called Olla Podrida ~ a mixture of all sorts of shops, coffee place, etc. It was so fun to visit!

Stop by and say hi when you can ~
Pat

Kim of Mo Betta said...

This looks delicious! I love pound cake and lemon. If it could just be calorie-free :)

Richard Cottrell said...

Great looking food. Thanks for stopping by, Richard from My Old Historic house.