Sunday, August 28, 2011

Road Food

As you all know, I love cooking magazines.  Here is a recent pile that I have been going through and, yes, sharing with my mom, daughter-in-law, and various friends.  The one in the middle is a recent acquisition and about which I am very excited.  Both travelogue and cooking magazine, this publication by Road Food devotees, Jane and Michael Stern, takes you on a trip from one side of the country to the other via Route 66, stopping at various quirky dining spots along the way.  It's fun to read, and there are some scrumptious looking recipes in the back.  I can't wait to try some of them and, trust me when I tell you, you'll be the first to know.

I found this at Sam's Wholesale Club - a great place to buy magazines, by the way, as they discount them 30%.  I got this issue marked $8.99 for only $5.99.  Stay tuned!  Road Food ahead!

For more books by the Sterns, take a look at these:
Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to 800 of the Best Barbecue Joints, Lobster Shacks, Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much, Much More500 Things to Eat Before It's Too Late: and the Very Best Places to Eat ThemThe Lexicon of Real American FoodRoadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to 700 of the Best Barbecue Joints, Lobster Shacks, Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much, Much More (Roadfood: The Coast-To-Coast Guide to the Best Barbecue)


1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Happy Monday, Pattie!!!
Seriously, this is getting very strange. As a Route 66 devotee for many years, I had that magazine in my hand yesterday at Barnes & Noble. When I saw the price, I just put it back thinking, well you know...

I can not wait to see what you share. I'm still hoping "to do" the Mother Road one day perhaps for my next birthday which is a huge milestone, lol...

I did do a portion of it for my last "milestone" birthday ten years ago:)

Thanks for sharing...I may go back and buy that magazine...