Monday, August 29, 2011

Lettuce Rejoice!

Week One: I planted the Salad Garden kit (Mesclun Spring Mix).  The seeds sprouted in two days.  Look at them grow!
I am so excited!  And if you like growing things as much as I do, then this little gadget is something that you must have.  I was lucky enough to get my AeroGarden as a gift from my son about four years ago and it has been producing ever since.  The price has dropped significantly since I first got mine, and there are a wider variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and seed kits from which to choose.  I always used to find myself a bit bereft when the cool fall weather would roll in, knowing that the growing season had pretty much come to an end.  Not anymore!  Now I grow a variety of lettuces, herbs, seasonings, and flowers indoors, all year round.  I don't represent the company in any way, I'm just an avid gardener who loves fresh herbs and lettuces, and thrills at seeing the first shoot come up from out of its little seed pod.
Week Two: This picture was taken last week. I have since harvested lettuces daily and still can't keep up with the amount we're getting. Alas, I don' t have enough room in my kitchen for this, so it's in the guest room.


 Week Three: I had to move the Aerogarden from the guest room into my studio in order to be able to raise the light two notches to accommodate the lettuce's rapid growth this past week.  Isn't it gorgeous?

With the holiday season coming up, you just might mention this to Santa.  It really is a lot of fun and, I'd think kids would find it particularly interesting just watching how food grows and harvesting it themselves, rain, or snow, or shine!

AeroGarden 900340-1200 6 Elite with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit, Black with Stainless Accents

Click on any of these seed kits for more information, and get growing!

AeroGarden 800502-0208 Universal Seed Kit, Salad GreensAeroGarden 800507-0208 Universal Seed Kit, Italian HerbAeroGarden 0002-00Z Cherry Tomato Seed KitAeroGarden 800542-0208 Universal Seed Kit, Sweet Bell PeppersAeroGarden 800580-0208 Universal Seed Kit, Fresh TeaAeroGarden International Basil Seed Kit


This post is linked to:

5 comments:

The Church Cook said...

Oh, my! How fun is that, Pattie! :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh wow Patty! This is so much fun, so, enjoy my pal! Have a terrific week. Hugs, FABBY

So Domesticated said...

Wow... very neat!

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

What a fun project! I love fresh grown lettuce, but I know what you mean - once it starts growing, it's hard to keep up with it! My salad spinner is my favorite kitchen gadget!! Especially when my lettuce is taking over the garden! Great pictures today too!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

That's about the coolest thing I've ever seen!