Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Rustic Holiday Table for Two



Earlier in the week I showed you some pretty splashy, festive holiday tables. Beautiful holiday tables are all over the web this week, but sometimes I like simple and rustic, and a table set for two. If you won’t be hosting a big crowd this season and will only be serving dinner for two, or one, then you might enjoy seeing this simple table. Truth be told, it’s the coffee table because sometimes (a lot, in fact) I like to enjoy dinner while watching the game.
I placed a nubby runner on the top, tucking it into the second shelf of this three-tier table, and then set it with some new dishes that I treated myself to this season.
I wanted very little color so made use of the brown glassware that used to be my mother’s, along with some white-on-white Santa and reindeer mugs.
The centerpiece was simple as well with a metal reindeer and a trio of wooden evergreens.
I decided to get festive with the napkins and found this fold amazingly easy. It goes perfectly with this table and will go well with one of the two tables that I’ll be setting for my big dinner on Boxing Day. You can do this simple fold yourself by following the easy tutorial that I found here.
Isn’t this the sweetest little ceramic basket that you’ve ever seen?! Dad and I unearthed these while going through boxes of my late mother’s holiday decor. It was quite a surprise find as they had each been wrapped in bubble wrap and carefully placed into a box that once contained a Johnson Brothers “Friendly Village” pattern teapot. I thought I was getting the teapot (we still don’t know where it is), but instead got these, and I couldn’t be happier.
In keeping with the theme, of course, I had to place a couple of wintergreen leaves in each.

 Runner – Pottery Barn
Plates – “Evergreen” from Pottery Barn
Mugs – Williams-Sonoma
Flatware – Pottery Barn

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love everything about this table. Especially the gum drop baskets - what a sweet find.

Marigene said...

Beautiful, Pattie! Those plates are great for wintertime.
Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Olla Podrida!

S H Elliott said...

Very pretty table! And I love your plates! Pine needles and pine cones. Lovely. Sheila

candlelightsupper said...

A very lovely table, in fact quite gorgeous! Love your dinner plate and the napkin fold is so wonderful. I am going to try that sometime! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.