Tuesday, December 1, 2015

What Does your Christmas Tree Say about You?


It's time to put up the Christmas tree again and, is it just me, or did those months roll around really quickly? It seems like only yesterday that I was planting seeds and waiting with great anticipation to see them sprout. 
As I was getting out the ornaments and other holiday tree embellishments, I was struck by how much the decorated tree has become such a representation of my life and interests. This made me wonder just what trees say about the people who decorate them.

 I am a lover of travel.
I'm a reader of mysteries and avid fan of Sherlock Holmes.
I'm a bit of an Anglophile.
A fan of mail art and decorative stamps, I also like Charles Dickens and “A Christmas Carol.”
I love music, used to be a brass player, and majored in music for a while.

I love the pomp and circumstance surrounding the English hunt.
A new addition last year, I had to pay homage to “Downton Abbey.”
The next time you are decorating your tree, stand back and take a good look. What does your tree say about you? Let me know in a comment below.
  
This post is linked to:

1 comment:

Linda said...

My tree (which shall remain in storage this year) is always decorated first with a faded and scratched glass blue bell from my parents' tree, ornaments from our first decade as a married couple, many handmade ornaments from our kids and friends, and several commemorative dated ornaments. Add to that colored glass balls that I change every couple of years. I guess our tree is "sentimental".
I know we are long lost sisters now: I played brass in the high school band (cornet), I am an Anglophile and love Downton Abbey also, mystery lover.
What is the dark green ribbon or sash you featured in your photos? Whatever it is, I love it.