Monday, March 11, 2024

Barbecued Sausage Bites

 
Are you as eager for the baseball season as I am? And when I say eager, what I really mean is a combination of excitement and nausea. If you have a favorite team, you know what I’m talking about. I don’t go to the stadium too much anymore, largely because most of the people with whom I used to attend baseball games are now attending baseball games in the sky. As a consequence, I make my own baseball snacks. I’m already plotting and planning for opening day, and I think these barbecued sausage bites are going to be on the list.  They are super simple to make because they’re baked. Spear yourself a small stack and enjoy.Barbecued Sausage Bites

Adapted from sweetteaandsprinkles.com

 2-3 lbsKielbasa

2 c. BBQ Sauce*

1 t. Liquid Smoke

1 t. garlic powder

1 t. onion powder

½ t. freshly ground black pepper

¼ c. brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray the bottom of a 1.5-quart casserole with PAM.

Slice the kielbasa sausages into ½ inch round slices and places in the prepared dish. 

In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour mixture over sausages, and sprinkle the brown sugar all over the top.

Bake for 20-15 minutes until bubbling and sticky and the sauce has caramelized. Broil for 2-3 minutes on high to get burnt ends.

*Use your favorite

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.  


6 comments:

Donna said...

I've never tried these! Look good!
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

Yum Pattie - I want the burnt ends!
I was a huge NY Yankees fan in 6th and 7th grade and could tell you the name, number, RBIs of every player on the team. I literally lived and breathed baseball. We've mostly watched girls' college softball in recent years. But I get it and would join you for your watch party. ;)

Marie Smith said...

These looks sinfully good! Sausage is a favourite of my husband.

New Release Books said...

Looks so good!

Gina said...

Some of these sausage bites with the salad you showed previously - my idea of a perfect dinner.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Perfect for game day nibbling! Sounds great Pattie!
Jenna