Friday, March 1, 2024

Refrigerator Drawer Salad Bar

 
 I am not on TikTok, I have no desire to be on TikTok, but occasionally I am made aware of one of the ideas on TikTok, and I have to admit that there are some good ones. Recently, a friend put me onto a refrigerator drawer salad bar that I found intriguing. It’s easy enough to make in your refrigerator at home. Essentially all you do is empty out your deli drawer in the refrigerator, and replace it with containers holding the various elements that you like to see in a salad bar. The one on TikTok was much larger than the one that I prepared for myself, but that’s because I’m not part of a family; I am a party of one.
I found the 4” x 4” square glass containers on Amazon here. They come with very nice bamboo lids to ensure freshness, and turned out to be the perfect size for holding grated cheese, hardboiled eggs, olives, avocados (in this case, avocado), or anything else that I enjoy in a salad. I was hoping to have enough space to chill salad bowls as well, but that didn’t work out. Still, I think this is a clever idea, and with everything washed, crisp, and fresh, it’s going to be easy to put a salad together whenever I want one.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


7 comments:

Gina said...

This is cute! I saw an Instagram post today where a person said "buy yourself a veggie tray and eat it". He was enjoying one of those party deli veggie trays with the dip in the middle. So funny! But why not make something like this to snack on? Its brilliant!

Linda said...

That is a very clever idea, and it looks really neat - and yummy!

Marie Smith said...

Great idea! Thank you for sharing!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

LOVE this idea!! I'm gonna try it!!

Donna said...

I've got four of those veggies!
hugs
Donna

thepaintedapron.com said...

Fun idea! hmmm, that reminds me, I need to clean out my refrigerator!
Jenna

Lana said...

I did that probably twenty years ago to try to get some people in this house more interested in eating salads and it worked. I didn't buy anything but used a rectangular Tupperware with smaller containers inside of it so it could all just come out to the counter and take off the lid. Now Hubby and I as empty nesters just eat very basic salads so I don't bother anymore. It is however a great thing to do when the grandchildren visit.