Friday, April 5, 2024

Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits

 
Have you seen the price of fast food lately? Shocking! I am not one who generally eats fast food so wasn’t aware of the huge increase in prices. Recently someone posted the receipt for the purchase of a burger and fries from Five Guys online, and it was nearly $27. For a burger and fries! That’s why I have pretty much decided to make my own fast food at home, even though it’s not so fast when you do it yourself.
 
These took a lot more time than I had anticipated. They are simple to make, but it takes a little time to set up a dipping station, bake biscuits (I’m not overly fond of the refrigerated biscuits, so I made my own), make the honey butter, and get oil to heat up to 350°. That said, these were really delicious. I used one chicken breast, so I ended up with four little chicken patties. I had two for lunch one day with the biscuits, and the other two I had the next day sliced on top of a salad. They were still crispy and delicious even after spending a night in the fridge. Because the breading is Panko, I found it separated a bit from the seasoning so next time I’m going to sprinkle some Slap Ya Mama on top of the chicken as well as using it in the breading.
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits

 2 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise and cut in half to make 4 pieces from each breast

2 c. panko bread crumbs, crushed

2 t. Slap Ya Mama seasoning

2 t. paprika

2 t. black pepper

1 t. garlic powder

2 large eggs

¼ c. heavy cream

Vegetable oil, for frying

½ c. butter

¼ c. hot honey

1 can Pillsbury biscuits, 8 count

In a shallow dish, combine the panko bread crumbs with all of the seasonings, mix well.

 In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.

 Dredge each chicken bite in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.

 Heat oil in a large frying pot over medium-high heat. Fry chicken bites, in batches, for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and completely cooked through. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.

Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake according to package directions, or until biscuits are golden.

 In a small microwave bowl, heat butter until softened/slightly melted.

 Mix honey into butter and stir to combine.

Cut biscuits in half and add a piece of chicken to each biscuit.

 Drizzle the chicken with honey and brush the tops of the biscuits with the honey butter. Enjoy.

  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


6 comments:

Linda said...

What a yummy looking recipe! Your biscuits look fantastic. Yes, the cost of fast food is staggering. And I used to love going to restaurants and have a margarita, chips, and salsa as my starters. Now that costs as much as a meal used to cost. Thank you Joe!

Marie Smith said...

Can you say yummy! I love how adventurous you are on a regular basis.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Drooling here! These look sooo good and so much better than any fast food I've ever seen!
Jenna

Janet Rudolph said...

Can't wait to make this. I love honey biscuits, and the chicken looks divine. Thanks!

Gina said...

I love the combo of sweet and savory. Fried Chicken and biscuits with honey sounds so good!

Donna said...

The prices are outrageous!! Thanks for this recipe...it looks delicious!
hugs
Donna