Thursday, April 11, 2024

Springtime Brunch Tablescape

 
 I don’t know about the rest of you gardeners out there, but I get very eager for seed planting long before I’m able to do so. As tempting as it is to plant seeds on the warm days that we have in April, I know there are going to be some cold, plant-killing frosts before we reach the second week in May, after which it is safe to plant for those of us who live in Zone 6B.
As a consequence, I feel compelled to do tables with a gardening theme, so this is my offering for the month of April. The
seed packets scattered about on the tablecloth are part of a set. I am so excited about these because it will allow me to grow things that I haven’t grown before -- at least from seed -- scallions, for example. Fingers crossed that they grow.  
The Sonemone dinner plates that I used in this table are a recent acquisition. They struck me as being Scandinavian, and because I’m such a big fan of Scandi noir, I had to have them. Plus, they’re so different from everything else that I have.

  I paired them with round woven placemats atop of which I placed Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers
 
 Picking up the salmon pink in the plates, I decided to use my salmon water and juice glasses (pattern unknown) that I bought straight out of college. I fell in love with these because they were the perfect match for a set of Fitz and Floyd “Coquilles” dishes that I spent years buying piecemeal as I could afford them. Funnily enough, I seem to have lost track of those.
 
The wine glass that I chose featured blue hydrangeas that echo the blue hydrangeas the bunnies are holding in the centerpiece. This glass is by Portmeirion.
 
Also from Portmerion is the cup and saucer. The glass and the cup and saucer are a part of their vast “Botanic Garden” and “Garden Harmony” collections. I find this entire set irresistible, but my wallet says no.

 
The “Urban Villa” green napkins are from Amazon, the silverware, also included in last month’s table setting was a gift from a friend and is by International in the “Contessa” pattern.
 
The pair of bunnies at center is reused from my Easter table. They work well in a garden theme, although most gardeners do not want bunnies in their gardens. The little stand holding the brunch menu I got from Michael’s years ago. I don’t use it nearly as often as I should. I have decided that I am going to find one of my mother’s handwritten recipes and use this stand to display it in my kitchen.
 Hopefully, enjoying meals at this table will satisfy me until I can get out and plant those seeds.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful table, and I'm in love with the Sonemone plates! They echo the leaf veins in your chargers. Oh those juice glasses! That splash of salmon is just perfect. I won't say that this is my favorite so far. ;)

Donna said...

Love the setting! I have Michaelangelo flatware I got from my mother. Love it...it almost looks like your pattern.
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

Beautifully done. Love those wine glasses!

Gina said...

Those wineglasses are gorgeous! I need to buy one perfect glass to sip wine from.

thepaintedapron.com said...

So pretty Pattie! I love the colors, and the scattered seed packets. The blue, green, and white color palette is so fresh and Spring like, and the bunnies with tulips and hydrangeas are adorable! I see lots of future possibilities with your pretty new plates, and the salmon pink glasses are a nice pop of color. Happy gardening!
Jenna