Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

 
I have a confession to make. I will often use dry ranch mix to make ranch dressing. It’s quick, it’s easy, and let’s face it, when you want ranch, you want ranch! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying the spicy version of the ranch mix, and I didn’t like it at all. Because I wasn’t about to run out to correct my error I decided to make my own. Yes, this is a tiny bit of trouble, but the freshness is out of this world.


Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

½ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
½ c. sour cream
½ c. buttermilk
1 T. dried dill
1 T.
dried minced onions
1 T. dried parsley
1 t. garlic powder
¼ t. Everything But the Bagel seasoning
¼ t. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 - 1/4 t. kosher salt
1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Place all ingredients into a mini food processor, and process until combined. Failing that, place all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, and whisk the heck out of it. Store in the refrigerator in a covered container for no longer than two weeks.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We’ve made our own dressings for some time now. Ranch is always a favourite and so good. Yours looks like a great one.

Linda said...

That's such a pretty bottle! Love the addition of Everything But the Bagel seasoning - I put that stuff on everything! I'm using Einstein Bros right now, but I think Trader Joe's has the best blend. We have used Aldi's Tuscan Garden ranch dressing mix. It seems to have less sodium than many of the mixes available. Your recipe looks wonderful.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I like the addition of Everything Bagel seasoning!
Jenna

Donna said...

I LOVE buttermilk ranch...Thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna