Monday, April 1, 2024

Creamy Tuscan White Bean Soup

 
Have you ever tried a new recipe, taken a taste, and then had a whole bowl full because it was so delicious? That was how it was with me and this soup. I couldn’t believe how good it was, considering how simple it is to make, and how few ingredients.  I made the soup while I was working on something else, and pretty much added ingredients as an afterthought. It is wonderful! I think it would be a bit heavy to serve as a cup before a meal, but it would make a wonderful lunch with some crusty bread, or a nice dinner with a roll and salad on the side.
Pfaltzgraff “Hadlee Grey” Pasta Bowls

Creamy Tuscan White Bean Soup

Slightly adapted from sprinklesandsprouts

 3 15-oz. cans cannellini beans

2 T. olive oil

2 large Melissa’s shallots

5 cloves garlic

1 T. chopped fresh rosemary

1 t. Italian seasoning

2 c. vegetable broth

½ t. kosher salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

½ c. grated Parmesan

1 c. fresh baby spinach, tightly packed

 Empty the contents of one of the cans of beans (beans and liquid) into a blender and puree until smooth. Drain the remaining two cans and set them to one side.

Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic cloves. Pour the oil into a large saucepan. Add the chopped shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the chopped garlic and cook for an additional minute.

Add the 2 cans of drained beans to the pan and stir to coat in the olive oil. Tip in the pureed beans, then rinse the blender out with the vegetable broth and add this to the soup. Add the rosemary, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.

Bring the soup to a simmer and cook gently for 10 minutes over low heat. Remove the soup from the heat and add the grated Parmesan and fresh spinach leaves. Stir to melt the cheese and wilt the spinach. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper to taste.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Linda said...

Cannellini bean soup is my favorite! Gosh it just looks so, so good. I love any kind of bean soup, I even love to scoop up the Charro beans they serve as an appetizer at Mexican restaurants.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love soup Pattie, this sounds like a wonderful bowl of comfort, pinning!
Jenna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Looks delicious. I will have to try your version. I like the idea of the fresh baby spinach

Marie Smith said...

I think the spinach is a great addition!