Thursday, June 19, 2014

Girls' Day Out


Every girl deserves a day out, right?  Well, yesterday was my day.  Joined by a like-minded friend, we first hit Miss Aimee B’s Tea Room in Midtown Saint Charles, MO for a delicious meal (lunch for her, breakfast for me), and then headed to Oma’s Barn in neighboring community, St. Peters, for an investigation.  Miss Aimee B’s is a fun place, and one that I have mentioned here before.  Quaint shops and yummy food make this a must see if you are passing through the area.  Two of their recipes I have shared in the past, one for Old Fashioned Buttermilk Coconut Pie and the other for the sensational Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler, the reason alone why I now love rhubarb.  We shared one after our meal today and it is always remarkably good. 
I had read about Oma’s about a year ago, and had wanted to go, but somehow just never got around to it. 
I’m sorry now that I hadn’t because it is a delightful place, filled to the rafters with wonderful home decor and gift items, linens and jewelry, quirky collectibles, and surrounded by flowers and garden supplies. 
As the name indicates, it is really an old, converted barn.  It’s also not air conditioned, so was a bit warm on this 94 degree day.  



That still did not deter us from examining every item, and making plans to return. 
It is open from March 1st until December 30th, and the décor changes with each season.  I know this is going to become one of my regular haunts and I can hardly wait to go back.










Miss Aimee B’s
837 First Capitol Drive
St. Charles, MO 63301
(636) 946-4202

Oma’s Barn
1057 Missouri Highway 79
 St Peters, MO 63376
(636) 442-2246

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well......maybe we will have a cool day before Fall.;-) Plus...I think we need a trip to Miss Aimee B's...just because.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A delightful place! :) Oma is the German grandmother name that I chose for my grandkids to call me :)

The heat ..ugh / glad you and your camera survived for us to enjoy the great pics! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tour through Oma's wonderful place. It looks like one I would frequent, too!
Blessings, and try to stay cool!
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a lovely day you had! Oh that rhubarb dessert -- I nearly crawled into the monitor to get it. :-) And Oma's Place looks like a treasure trove of EPIC scale. Such fun. Happy Summer! Cass

Kathy said...

Yes we do! Lovely places you visited - beautiful post! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Wow, so many great things to see! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy