Monday, September 26, 2016

Spinach, Mushroom, and Artichoke Ravioli Bake


This is one of those recipes that I found online, was taken in by the nice pictures, and thought I'd make it. Honestly, I didn't think it could possibly be any good. I figured that I was wasting both time and ingredients, but I made it anyway. The appeal? It looked easy. Some days “easy” is my only criteria. The original recipe I found here, but, as I tend to do, changed it up a bit. I could not believe how good it was.
I cut the recipe in half...sort of. I had half of a bag of frozen cheese ravioli, so used it in an 8" x 8" pan (no way would the 9" x 13" pan in the original recipe work under any circumstance). I used half the amount of fresh spinach, a small jar of marinated artichoke hearts (because they are much more flavorful), added some thinly sliced crimini mushrooms, and a jar of Paul Newman's Alfredo Sauce. This was the first time I'd ever used a jarred sauce, but I have faith in Paul. I also added a few gratings of fresh nutmeg because spinach always calls for nutmeg, no matter what.
Here is my version. It isn't pretty, but it sure is good!
Spinach, Mushroom, & Artichoke Ravioli Bake
3 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 jar (4 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, rough chopped
4 large crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Melissa's Basil Pesto
Few gratings fresh nutmeg
1 jar Paul Newman's Alfredo Sauce
¼ cup chicken broth
18 frozen ravioli
1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, artichoke, and pesto, and mix well; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together Alfredo Sauce and chicken broth. Spread ⅓ of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom of an 8”×8” baking dish. Top with half the spinach mixture. Lay half the ravioli in a single layer over the spinach. Repeat layers again. Finish up with the remaining Alfredo sauce.

Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes. 

Sprinkle with cheeses and broil at 450°F for 3-5 minutes. Serve.



2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Oh this recipe sounds delicious! I thought it looked good in the picture, too. All of the cheese ravioli, sauce, mushrooms, spinach and artichokes; how could one go wrong.

I don't have any of the ingredients on hand right now, but this recipe will be made in the very near future. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Deborah Lacy said...

You had me at artichokes and mushrooms. This sounds so yummy. Perfect dish for when the weather gets colder. We're rockin' 90s temps today.