Monday, July 20, 2020

"Out of Africa" Table for One

Obviously, by now, you have heard that Pier One plans closure of all 540 stores around the country. I am really struggling with this one. I have been shopping at Pier 1 all of my life. Back in the day, I got my first beanbag chair there (or, rather, my parents got me my first beanbag chair), and I loved it. 
I had a bohemian spirit even in my youth, and while my parents may not have had similar spirits, they did nothing to deter mine. I can still remember my mother and I painting my bedroom red, white, and blue, to go with my new campaign furniture, and stringing the white walls with floor to ceiling-length strands of alternating red and blue beads. Truthfully, along with the dark blue shag carpet, it was quite a stunner.
As I got older, I bought many of my dishes there, in fact, up until just before the virus hit, I still did. The last purchase I made from them, which will undoubtedly be my last purchase from them was nearly everything that you see in this place setting because I cannot resist buying tableware. Thank you, Pier One, for always being great providers of my “fix.” I will miss you, after all, we grew up together.
This post is linked to:

7 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Patti,

I did not know that Pier One was closing all their stores! It is one of my favorites as well.. How sad .. It is going to certainly be a brave new world with so many businesses needing to close. You did a great job with the table setting. It's stunning

Unknown said...

I hate that this is happening to so many places I enjoy shopping, Pier 1 included. I used to love to buy very special Christmas ornaments there. When I was a teen, I used to buy the bunches of dried eucalyptus to freshen my room and I always loved all of their baskets.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I will also miss Pier 1 Imports.....so much is changing this year. I love your setting for one!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I used to love to go to Pier 1. I bought beautiful Christmas ornaments every year from there, and hand painted Easter eggs, and pretty blue and white serving bowls, lovely unusual baskets. They were not far from my home back then, but as time went by, the locations close to me closed and I just never took the time to drive to their other stores. I now wish I would have, while I could have.

Linda said...

What an attractive setting Pattie! I'm glad you started doing this again; I really enjoy seeing your tables.
We noticed Pier One closing the last time we shopped in town. I was surprised and disappointed. They were an institution.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love your jungle vibe Pattie! I used to collect small ceramic animals and love to use them for exotic table settings, yours is fabulous! I too am sick about Pier 1, one of my very favorite stores, and the one near me recently remodeled and it was more tempting than ever! I wish they would at least stay open on line...
Jenna

sandy said...

wow this is gorgeous!! i have collected Zebra stuff through the years ...

Which this post reminds me that our county fair won't happen this year and I'm going to miss the tablescapes and quilts and crafts section darn.