Monday, December 21, 2020

My 2020 Christmas Card


 

In addition to this blog, I also have an  Etsy shop where I sell mystery and literary jewelry. Someone asked me once what made me decide to make mystery jewelry. My answer was simple, because no one else did. I have been an avid mystery fan for as long as I can remember, and was always keenly interested in wearing jewelry that reflected this lifelong interest. Unfortunately, there was none to be found. That’s when I bought a book, some tools, beads and charms, and set out to make myself a bracelet. The rest is history.


It is for the same reason that I started designing my own Christmas cards. Christmas is a special time of the year. A time for us to reflect on what we have, and what we may have lost during the past year. I have shared a number of those cards with you here and here.


This year’s card is one that I have been formulating for some time. I have been a Sherlock Holmes fan for decades and, as such, it has long been an interest of mine to create my own unique Sherlock Holmes card. I came up with the text first, and then the graphic. 

Unfortunately, Shutterfly enlarged the picture making it too big for the cover of the card. Because I procrastinated (as I am wont to do) there was no time for a do over. Here, for your amusement, is my 2020 holiday card. The fact that it didn’t turn out the way that I wanted it to pretty much sums up the entire year, doesn’t it?


 

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Now on to 2021!

 Pattie

 

 

4 comments:

sandy said...

wow what a great card - i love the "mystery" of it all and such a well done card. I liked reading about how you got involved in making jewelry.
Hope u have a great Christmas.

Angie's Recipes said...

Making your own jewelry and X'mas card...you are so talented, Pattie. These carbs are really beautiful.

Linda said...

As always I am so impressed with your creative skills! I love your graphics and fonts, such a priceless card.
No one got a card from us this year but that's nothing unusual - lol!

Alycia Nichols said...

What the what?!?!!?!?!?? Girl!!!!!! The talent that flows through YOU!!!!!!!!! Amazing skill, amazing enterprise!!!