Thursday, November 16, 2023

Turkey's Delight Tablescape

 
Over the course of the past two weeks, I went from not hosting Thanksgiving to hosting Thanksgiving. I’m not unhappy about doing it, because there will just be a few of us, but all of a sudden I am thrown into party planning mode. I’ve decided to do a Cajun Thanksgiving, so will largely be trying all new recipes. The only thing I’m sure about thus far is the table. While this is just a table for two, it will translate into a table for four quite easily.
  
A chocolate brown tablecloth provided the base for this table setting. The turkey at center was my inspiration for all of the colors that I used. It, and the garland, I purchased as a part of a store display many years ago. To add a bit of sparkle, I intertwined lighted maple leaves.

 
I started off with woven placemats topped with gold chargers. From there I chose richly colored gray stoneware plates with a fluted edge. They are by Stone Lain and are the “Lusso” pattern. The turkey plates are from Pottery Barn purchased years ago.

 
I chose gold flatware to give the table a bit of a metallic look, and to complement the chargers. I carried the gold into the lighting at the table, placing metallic gold candles into rustic metal pilgrim candle holders that I purchased in a country shop about 20 years ago. I love mixing old with new.

 
The napkins and mini copper mugs filled with mixed nuts I got from Pottery Barn last year. That way I can rightly claim that I am serving everything from soup to nuts.

The whimsical turkey mugs are completely impractical, but I have loved these now for 25 years. I bought them at a local florist.

 
The wine glasses “Gallia” by Rogaska, I inherited from my mother. The colored liqueur glasses are by Val St. Lambert Crystal - Berncastel Cut, and will be used for serving homemade cranberry liqueur.

 
If any of my new recipes come out well, I’ll be sure to share them with you. I will say that I’m starting our Cajun Thanksgiving dinner with a cup of gumbo, the recipe of which you can find here.

 
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


4 comments:

Linda said...

It would be so much fun to be at your house for Thanksgiving! I would happily sit and eat those nuts and gaze at your table while you served me your cranberry liqueur in those gorgeous glasses - my favorite thing about your beautiful table! Looking forward to your recipes. :)

Gina said...

I love the colors of that table and especially the impractical mugs! I wish I felt like party planning mode - there will be 5 of us and I work a few hours int he morning, then plan to put all of my containers in the oven while I shower and get ready. A very different Thanksgiving than what I was used to, but I can see me in the future hosting bigger get-togethers. Happy Thanksgiving!

Marie Smith said...

Dinner will be a feast for the eyes too!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your table settings are always quite beautiful and inspiring! Your Thanksgiving table looks really special with the wine glasses that you inherited from your mother and all of the themed turkeys! My favorite that I might start doing, is the individual nuts at each place setting - so fun!!