Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dining in the Northwoods


If you've been paying any attention, you probably noticed that I am very much into “serene green” when it comes to table settings. Both my Halloween and Thanksgiving tables were in calming tones of neutrals and greens.
My interest in these colors, and the feelings they evoke, have continued into December.
I am absolutely in love with the Northwoods look, and the associated colors, and I'm getting on board with the whole antlers thing that seems to be very popular these days. This table is the result of all of my new likes and interests.

I absolutely love this table because it works not only for the entire month of December and Christmas, but will also carry me through until spring. I love the image of greenery and pine cones, and had a great time gathering things to create this table.

Now I did treat myself to a number of new things this year, including the darling pine cone salt-and-pepper shakers, and this wonderful set of pine cone flatware from Cabelas.

Old favorites also made the cut. The Moose Lodge cookie jar centerpiece and wooden pine trees belonged to my mother, and I think of her every time I use them. My fellow diners also seem to get a kick out of this cookie jar, because every side seems to offer up something interesting and different to look at.
I paired this with some of my old favorite reindeer candle holders that I got from Pier One quite a few years ago and love to this day.

I’ve also used a new Pottery Barn addition this year in the form of antler napkin rings. Aren't these the cutest? Pottery Barn was again my source for the “Fa-la-la” napkins for this table. If I decide to add a bit of color, I also have a set of red napkins with white polka dots that look equally nice. They'll be making an appearance on my Boxing Day table this year.
The Villeroy & Boch glassware is a summer acquisition that works well here; mugs are from Williams-Sonoma.


I decided to use my Christmas tree treat jar in a different way this year, filling it with spearmint green leaves and using it as a table decoration. It really helps get the little ones to eat their dinner, when they see what awaits them for dessert. It's also fun for the adults as well, who seem to enjoy the spearmint leaves as much as the kids do.
The plates with the pine cones and greenery are from Pottery Barn last year.

The salad plates with the raised pine cone image are from Amazon this year. I really love these because they go with pretty much everything.


I'll be doing variations on this theme throughout the month of December as I host different people for coffee, breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea.Stay tuned to see how this table evolves.

This post is linked to:


13 comments:

Linda said...

There is nothing that I don't love about this table! Especially love the glassware and mugs.
Your family is VERY lucky.

Thelma said...

I love your green tones combined with pine cone theme. Very charming and unique. Merry Christmas. Thelma.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I am in love with everything about this table. I too just love the Northwoods look but sadly it wouldn't go in my Victorian house! I am dreaming of living in a log cabin someday and this is exactly the style I want the whole place to be. The pinecone flatware is so gorgeous. I might have to have it even though it won't match a thing! You have style this table beautifully right down to the spearmints in the glass jar, which are one of my favorite candies!

Marigene said...

This is my favorite of all the tables you have done, Pattie. There is something about brown and green together that just feels so homey. The dinner plates and flatware are awesome...I love anything pine cones.
Enjoy the holiday season!

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a wonderful winter table Pattie! Happy holidays,
Jenna

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love everything about this table. I like doing tables that last awhile too. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Well done! I love the woodland theme of your table and the natural colors and textures.
Merry Christmas!

Sandi Magle said...

Thats a really pretty table you have set, I can almost smell the pine and spruce. Love the plates with the branches...so fresh looking. I think green for dining doesn't get it's due. Grins and thanks for the inspiration, Sandi

RS said...

What a fresh table setting! I love it all and am so glad I stopped by. I will be signing up to follow you.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Pattie, this is a beautiful table! The cutlery, the glassware, the tonal greens and browns....I love it all! Very nice feature at Kathryn's blog! Happy New Year.
Rita C at Panoply

The Charm of Home said...

That is really pretty! I love the man dinner plate with the pine tree boughs all over it! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

The Charm of Home said...

Patti I will feature this week at Home Sweet Home!

Maria Parenti-Baldey said...

How gorgeous. Beautiful presentation. Looks like you have so much fun. Love the spearmint leaves also.