Thursday, August 24, 2023

A Horse of a Different Color Tablescape

 
Remember last week when I said that I was going to start taking one element from each table setting, and bring it forward to create a new table setting? What is it they say about the best-laid plans? I knew exactly what I was going to do with my next table, and had it pictured perfectly in my mind. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the dishes that I had intended to use. I spent three days looking for that set of dishes! Now, I ask you, how can you lose service for 12? I managed to do it. So instead of bringing forward the dark blue stemware as I had anticipated, I brought forward the yellow Waechtersbach dinner plates.
With summer coming to a close, I wanted to work in a number of shore table settings. This one started with another quilt as the base, one that I had gotten a number of years ago from L.L. Bean, and that I think I’m going to start using in the guest bedroom.

I wanted to pick up all of the colors in the quilt, along with a coral accent. I started out with the Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers (that have endlessly served me well). The yellow Waechtersbach dinner plate from my last tablescape (that you can find here) is atop them. Finishing off the plate stack is a lovely square “Stamp Seahorse” plate by Maxcera.

 The salmon (appropriate, no?) colored water glass is one that I bought 40 years ago, specifically to use with a the set of dishes that I can’t find. I have no idea as to the manufacturer. The turquoise stem glass is from Pier One.

The Cambridge Silversmiths flatware with the bamboo handles is from Amazon here, as are the oyster shell shaped dishes that work well for sauces, condiments, or pats of butter.

I love the coral reef napkins here. I was so excited when I saw these on Amazon. I thought they gave just the right pop to this table with their coral (reference to sea life there) and turquoise blue colors.

The centerpiece is quite showy here. This pair of pelicans, with wonderful detailing at the base, are from Fitz & Floyd. Behind them, looking a bit like sea oats, is a candle holder, believe it or not.

 

This is a wonderfully serene table setting, I can almost hear the sea. Be sure to come back next time to see what piece from this table will be used in my next.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a lovely setting for tea!

Barbara at Mantel and Table said...

Haha - Pattie you crack me up! Yes, I could also lose a complete set of china. I can't wait to see where you eventually find yours! But you did a fabulous save with the yellow plates. I love the seahorse ones on top, too, and all your wonderful accents. Thanks for sharing this great table - I'm looking forward to next time!

Kim said...

Pattie, this might not be the table you intended, but it looks fabulous! Love the Maxcera plates and the F and F pelicans are perfect for your sea theme. I have lost many things over the course of my tablescaping journey, though thankfully, none permanently. I hope your service turns up somewhere. This is a really fun series and thanks for sharing.