Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Fat Hooker

 
Once August hits, and it is here, I feel as though summer is over. Summer weather is certainly not over, and won’t be for another couple of months, but August is my stair step into September, and that’s when I start thinking about fall decorating. I mention this because I had plans to try loads of tropical drinks this summer and I didn’t get to a one of them. I plan to make up for that in the next couple of weeks sharing my results with you. Having recently purchased a bottle of peach schnapps with no idea why, I started looking for recipes that contained this as an ingredient, pleased at how many there are. Ergo, my first cocktail of this summer is the Fat Hooker.

This is a good one. It’s a nice blend of ingredients so that it doesn’t taste like too much of any one thing. I think this would be an excellent cocktail to serve with brunch. It’s far more complex and interesting than the Mimosa, and would make such a pleasant, tropical change. The only downside is that it is very refreshing and drinkable, so it’s hard to realize that it is indeed an alcoholic beverage, and to slow down.

Fat Hooker
Serves 1

1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Coconut rum
4 oz. Orange juice
4 oz. Pineapple juice

Place all ingredients into a tall glass. Add ice, stir, and enjoy. Garnish as you see fit.
 


6 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

This sounds like a drink I would enjoy and perfect for serving guests. Thanks. For some reason, our summers are brutally hot in July and cool off in August. This morning it is 61 degrees with a high of 84 today. Usually we wake up in July to 75 or more. However the heat returns to us in September .. don't know why we get a reprieve in August. Anyway, it's a little early for me to be thinking fall. I'm still totally enjoying the summer.

Linda said...

Love the name! :D Hubs would love this and so would I. We have the coconut rum, just need to get the Schnapps - I love flavored Schnapps! I bought some butterscotch Schnapps once and really enjoyed it in both baking and drinking.

Marie Smith said...

Interesting combination! Yum!

Gina said...

Well that looks and sounds just about perfect. I haven't had peach schnapps since high school or shortly thereafter and I bet its good in iced tea, too. Might have to go visit the candy store soon!

Donna said...

Excuse me?? Lolol
Sounds delicious!!
hugs
Donna

thepaintedapron.com said...

haha, I love the name of this cocktail, and I love coconut rum, I've got to try this!
Jenna