Friday, August 25, 2023

Black Olive Fettuccine Alfredo

 
Fettuccine Alfredo, made properly, is not something that you want to have all of the time because it is so rich. It is also delicious, so occasionally it is fine to indulge. I have been doing a bit of experimentation with black olives this past week, having discovered quite a few cans in the pantry when I started my annual pre-fall cleaning and organizing. (Don’t be impressed. It only lasts a couple of days because I bore easily.) On a whim, I decided to add chopped black olives to Fettuccine Alfredo. It’s visually more interesting, and exceptionally good. It’s a 30-minute meal that serves two, so it’s easy enough for a weeknight; very romantic with a nice bottle of wine.
Black Olive Fettuccine Alfredo
¼ c. butter
2 oz. cream cheese
1 c. heavy cream
½ t. garlic powder
1 2.25-oz. can sliced black olives*
15-20 gratings freshly ground black pepper
Salt, if you think you need it, I didn’t
6 to 8 gratings whole nutmeg
1/3 c. grated Parmesan
6 oz. fettuccine noodles, prepared as directed

In a medium saucepan over low heat melt butter. When butter is melted add cream cheese, stirring until combined. Add heavy cream, garlic powder, salt (if desired), and pepper. Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in black olives, Parmesan, and nutmeg. Toss with cooked and drained fettuccine. Serve immediately.

Serves two as a main dish, four as a side

*You can use chopped or sliced here. I just grabbed a handful and threw them into a food processor. Whatever does the job.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love olives as does my six year old grandson. He would enjoy this too.

Donna said...

Love black olives! Sounds great being added to fettuccine!!
hugs
Donna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I Love black olives and love pasta- love this recipe!!