Friday, August 18, 2023

Chicken Marsala Meatballs

 
I love Chicken Marsala, but I rarely go to the trouble to make it. When I saw this recipe for Chicken Marsala Meatballs, I thought I would give it a try. These are so good, and the sauce is absolute heaven! I have never made a chicken meatball before, so this was a new experience for me. I didn’t follow this recipe as written, instead, I threw all of the ingredients into a food processor, pulsed it about 15-18 times, and the work was done. Truly, nothing could be easier. I threw in the scallions, egg, breadcrumbs, oil, parsley, s&p, the entire chicken breast, and chopped everything together. I don’t think I could have mixed it by hand and gotten those ingredients as well dispersed as I did here. Choose the method that you prefer. It’s a fairly quick and easy meal that is company worthy.Chicken Marsala Meatballs

Adapted from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen

  1 lb. extra lean ground chicken

1 T. chopped scallions

1 large egg

½ c. Italian breadcrumbs

1 T. olive oil

1 T. fresh parsley

½ t. salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

Marsala Sauce

 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced

2 T. butter

2 T. flour

1 c. Marsala wine

½ c. chicken broth

¼ c. heavy cream

1 T. fresh parsley

½ t. salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

MEATBALLS

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat; set aside.

 Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl; mix well. Form into 16 meatballs (I used a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop), place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.

 MARSALA SAUCE

 Melt the butter in a 10” sauté pan; add mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes until the mushrooms start to soften; add the flour to form a roux, cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, Marsala, parsley, salt, and pepper, and stir until blended; stir in heavy cream. Bring to a boil; lower to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, and simmer on low for 15 minutes.

  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Gina said...

I do love a good meatball recipe and since I am on a no oven kick here, anything that can be made on the stove, is! Also? Meatballs are one of those things that taste better the next day. (:

Marie Smith said...

I haven’t made chicken meatballs either but I shall give it a go!

Lori E said...

Sounds so good. I love chicken marsala but rarely find it anywhere that it doesn't taste all oily.
This one will be a keeper I can tell just by reading it.

Donna said...

Omg! This looks delicious!!
Thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

What a great idea! We love chicken marsala, especially the sauce. Hubs would want to put that over mashed taters. ;)