Friday, August 11, 2023

Copycat Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookies

 
I have never had a Crumbl cookie. It’s not for lack of opportunity, because I have one of their stores just a few miles from my house, there’s just something about buying a cookie when I can easily make them (and eat as many as I want) that keeps me from trying what I’ve heard are some of the best cookies ever. When I came across this copycat recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. I’m glad that I did. Not only are these cookies really delicious, but they’re easy to make. They are also huge, so be warned. I think when I make these again, and I will, I’m going to make them a lot smaller. I know they won’t be authentic, but who is to know other than me? I’m also going to swap out the multicolored sprinkles for chocolate sprinkles. Doesn’t that sound good?

If you have tried their cookies and love them, this recipe is for you. If you have not tried their cookies, make these anyway, because the cookies are darned good. I think they are fine even without the frosting, so I’ll leave it up to you as to whether you want to make it or not.  It does take these cookies over the top. That they are birthday cake cookies is particularly appropriate as today is my number one son's birthday. Happy Birthday, Christopher! These are for you.

Copycat Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookies

Adapted from copycat.com

 1 cunsalted butter

1 c. sugar

2 large eggs

½ t. salt

1 t. vanilla extract

1½ t. cake batter flavoring

2 t. baking powder

3 c. flour

¼ c. rainbow sprinkles

 FROSTING

4 T. unsalted butter, softened

3¼ c. powdered sugar

2 T. milk

1 t. cake batter flavoring

1-2 T. rainbow sprinkles

 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or a Silpat; set aside.

 In the work bowl of a stand mixer cream, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

 Add salt, vanilla extract, cake batter flavoring, baking powder, and flour to the butter mixture, mixing until the flour is well incorporated. Add rainbow sprinkles, and mix to combine.

 Portion the cookie dough into 13 dough balls using an ice cream scoop. Place on prepared baking sheets. Press each dough ball gently with a glass to flatten to just under ¼” thickness.

 Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, for a slightly under baked texture, add a minute or two if you want them firmer.

 Cool on baking sheet fort 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.

 Frosting

 Combine all the frosting ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and blend until smooth using an electric mixer.

 Place the frosting in a piping bag with a medium tip. Pipe the frosting onto cookies in a pinwheel pattern, starting from the center and working outward, and immediately top with sprinkles

.Allow the frosting to set for 30 minutes before serving.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


7 comments:

Donna said...

I've heard they are delicious! Thank you for posting this copy kat recipe!
hugs
Donna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The cookies look fantastic and I have to say that I am a sucker for a sweet cookie or cake with lots of gooey icing. However, the reason I don't bake is exactly the opposite of your reasoning. If I bake them, I do eat as many as I want and that's usually too many AND I hate to make the mess at home when I can just buy them. So funny! Enjoy- they look professional and delicious!

Gina said...

Ok, well I have never heard of cake batter flavoring so I think I will add that to my curbside order! And yes on the chocolate sprinkles.

Linda said...

I love the look of your cookies, and what a great idea to have birthday cake cookies! Do you think they taste better because of the cake batter flavoring? I will never buy a Crumbl cookie because I think they are pretentious and ridiculously expensive, and yes I sound like an old woman - lol! Like you I think I can make a better cookie than any store. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This was my first experience with cake batter flavoring, and it will not be my last. My friend Alycia uses it in pancakes, so I’m going to try that in the future. I’m also going to use this in other cookie recipes.

Marie Smith said...

They look sooo good!

Balvinder said...

They look lovely.