Thursday, November 9, 2023

Does holiday prep have you in a tizzy?

There are times when I wonder if I have lost my mind; there are other times when I’m certain of it. There’s something about the comfort of late nights and wonderful solitude that doesn’t (and by that I mean shouldn’t) pair with online shopping.


I was wondering what I was going to do this year for my Christmas table (bear in mind I have no parties planned) that would be vastly different from what I’ve done previously. I happened upon this set of dishes on Amazon for 69% off (They still are at the time of writing.)

   Soon, not only were the dishes in my cart, but they were joined by the mugs (25% off), matching chargers, and salt and pepper shakers that were so cute I thought it would be a disservice to myself to say ‘no.’ (The pattern, by the way is Lenox Balsam Lane.)
 The next thing I knew I had placed my order not only for the dishes, but for six cans of aqua spray paint. Why the paint, you ask? It’s because I decided that these dishes would look wonderful at a table with chairs to match.  Does this sound like the definition of crazy to you, because it certainly does to me.

   At any rate, the dishes arrived, (I love them), and over the weekend, because it warmed up into the sixties, I backed my car out of the garage, and started spray painting the first chair.  Let me explain something about the chairs. These are inexpensive Windsor-style chairs that I have owned through two husbands. The crossbars have become weak, so I decided to upgrade to black Windsor chairs from Pottery Barn, that look the same, but are much better quality, just ask my backside. I was thinking about donating the old chairs, when I came upon the idea to paint them. I mean, why not? Surprisingly, I have quite a few sets of dishes and stemware that will look beautiful with this color come spring. They will also go nicely with a variety of greens, and make neutrals setting pop.

Rest assured when I get everything done, and the table set, I’ll be certain to share it with you. (FYI the chair color matches the dishes much better than it appears here.) Meanwhile, go to bed early and don’t shop online after midnight. You've been warned.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


7 comments:

Linda said...

Pattie how did you get a picture of me? LOL! What a fun post. I love that Lenox line, the colors are perfect, and everything you got is right up my alley. Can't wait to see your table!

Gina said...

I love everything about those dishes and am excited to see where your creativity leads you this time!

Marie Smith said...

I shop little on line, only when local options have been checked.

You will have a lovely table, as usual!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love the color and actually the chair really look pretty! I find it hard to resist sets of dishes. I think those xmas dishes are really lovely. My issue is storage. Where to store them?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Judee,

What I don't store upstairs I store on metal industrial automotive shelves (each shelf will hold u[ to 800 lbs.) in the basement.

Terri said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes and blog full of inspiration!
Just had to order the full set of dishes- couldn't resist lol. Its lunchtime here so I have no late night excuse.
Looking forward to seeing your table.
Terri

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Terri! Thanks for your comment. It is so good to know that I’m not alone. I like being in the company of other crazy people who find sets of dishes to be irresistible.