Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Sir Walter Cocktail

Is anyone watching “Payback” on BritBox? It’s a compelling crime drama starring Morven Christie and Peter Mullan. There are six episodes in season one, each of which is around 46 minutes long. It’s not as intense as other crime dramas that I’ve watched, but it’s one of those shows that fills me with anxiety. I decided that I needed an appropriate cocktail to get me through. Because this is a Scottish production filmed in beautiful Edinburgh, a place I have visited and enjoyed, I decided to make myself a Sir Walter, a.k.a. “Swalter” cocktail, allegedly named for Sir Walter Scott. It is nose-numbingly powerful, at least for an amateur tippler like me. It’s tasty though, and I was able to get through even the most intense moments of the series in fine form.

Sir Walter Cocktail

1 t.
Grenadine
1 t. Curaçao
1 t. fresh lemon juice
1½ oz. brandy
1½ oz. rum

Shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I don't have Brit Box but I do like crime drama. So funny that you needed a cocktail to sooth the stress of watching the show! Looks delicious! my stress buster is usually chocolate.

Linda said...

Hoo boy this sounds good and strong! Lol at you needing an appropriate cocktail to get you through the anxiety of the show. :D

Marie Smith said...

It sounds good. I’d fall asleep I fear!

Anonymous said...

Yes, watched the entire series….very suspenseful…very well done…I so enjoyed it. I may try that cocktail, it sounds good on a cold evening. I love that glass! Thanks for sharing. V.

Donna said...

Oh! A very serious cocktail! lol
I'd pass plum out! Lol
hugs
Donna