Friday, November 10, 2023

Mexican Cheese Garlic Bread

 

 
I have been trying a variety of new soup recipes to put in the freezer for the cold months ahead. Generally, when I make anything spicy I serve it with cornbread. Today I decided that I was going to try something different. I wanted cheese garlic bread, but I wanted it to be Mexican at the same time, so I combined the two, and I can’t stop eating it! This version is mild. If you want more heat, double or even triple the amount of jalapeño. It is so good! Serve it with chili, tortilla soup, or my Mexican Pinto Bean Soup, the recipe of which will be posted next week.

Mexican Cheese Garlic Bread

 1 bulb garlic

1 T. olive oil

Pinch of kosher salt

½ c. butter, room temperature

1 T. minced Melissa’s pickled jalapeño

½ c. grated Parmesan

Pinch Mexican oregano

Pinch kosher salt

Few gratings freshly ground black pepper

1 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese

One loaf Italian bread

 Preheat oven to 400° F.

 Pace garlic bulb in the center of a square of foil. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap tightly in the foil; roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the cheese mixture.

 Place the softened butter in a medium bowl. Add jalapeño, Parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper. Beat together until combined. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb into the butter mixture, and beat once more to combine.

 Slice bread on the diagonal into 1/2” - 1” thick slices. Slather on a generous amount of the mixture and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden and the cheese has melted.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Linda said...

We love that type of cheese bread, and I could put jalapenos in my half - lol! The more the merrier for me. Looking forward to seeing your bean soup recipe.

Marie Smith said...

Our family will love this. Thank you for sharing.

Gina said...

I could make a meal out of this!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, that looks Good!!
hugs
Donna