Friday, October 7, 2016

Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies

This blog post will be brief because, well, look at the picture. Do I really need to go on and on gushing about how good these are? The name alone, Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies, pretty much says it all. 

I'd seen this recipe, as perhaps many of you had, making the rounds on Facebook. After seeing it again and again, I finally caved and decided I had to make it. I made a big pan, divided it up between my dad, and my two sons and their families, and waited for the response. As you can well imagine, thumbs up all around. These are easy to make, rich, sweet, chocolaty, peanut buttery, and delicious. Need I say more?

Oh. P.S. It's my birthday!
Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies

 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (not family sized)
½ cup chopped salted peanuts
12 peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon butter
1½ cups crispy rice cereal
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Prepare brownies according to package directions. Spread into a greased and foiled-lined 9” x 9” pan. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumb.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted. Cool on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter; stir until smooth. Fold in the cereal, vanilla, and salt. Carefully spread over brownies. Chill until chocolate is set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares to serve.

Slightly adapted from Taste of Home

7 comments:

Linda said...

I saw your photo on IG and hoped you had the recipe on your blog! Did you save a few for yourself?

GranthamLynn said...

Yummmmmeeee! Bring some brownies to the party!
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/10/fabulous-fall-party-link-your-party.html
I think I need to go bake!

jmac said...

OMG!!! Twice. Firstly...HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!! I was going to say Eats Lots of Cake today to celebrate yourself but...
Secondly, I see maybe you already have!!!! This recipe looks awesome. WILL be making these for our next gathering!
Cereally....hope you had a great birthday and that you may have gotten a "sign" from the universe today that a special someone also is thinking bout you too!!

jmac said...

How can I find u on Instagram?

keshakeke said...

Happy Birthday! October birthday's are the best! Mine is coming next week! These brownies look amazing!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh Godfathers these look good!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
They look amazing..not sure if want to share. lol