Thursday, August 24, 2017

Corn and Hatch Chile Relish



With hatch chiles in season, and fresh corn still in abundance, there is no better time to make corn relish than now. If you've never made corn relish before, or have no idea what you do with it, let me educate you. Corn relish is a delicious, fresh, crisp, succulent condiment that can be used on sandwiches, stirred into potato salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, or as a delicious topping on a grilled hotdog. It gives a whole new meaning to the word “corndog.” It's easy to stir together, and just needs a number of hours in the fridge for the flavors to meld. I like it so much, that I could eat it as a side dish, and often do. Last night I tossed a scoopful into a chopped salad, it was wonderful! If you're looking for a way to give every day dishes some extra zing, adding corn relish will do the trick!
 Corn and Hatch Chile Relish

1/2 cup Melissa’s Fire Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers, diced
1/4 cup roasted
Melissa’s hatch chiles, diced
3 large ears fresh corn, husked and stripped
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon real maple syrup (Grade A)
1 teaspoon Crystal
hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons olive oil

 In a large bowl toss together red peppers, hatch chiles, fresh corn niblets, and chopped scallions; set aside.

Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined. Pour dressing over vegetables,
stirring to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour (longer is better), and serve as you see fit.

 This post is linked to:


6 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love the idea of finding interesting ways to use fresh produce. Corn relish? - never tried it before but it looks like something we might enjoy. As always your presentation and photo is lovely. Have a great day.

Rustown Mom said...

That looks tasty! I noticed HEB has corn 6 ears for a dollar so I may have to go get some chilies and corn and make this for the weekend. I don't remember if I told you - I made that time out black bean dip and it was so good! Some corn relish, bean dip, hot dogs - perfect all together for lunch on Saturday!

Linda said...

I've never made corn relish, but Mom and Granny made it and oh it was good. Your photos are literally making my mouth water. That dog is cooked exactly like I like it - a bit of char on it! :)

Stacey said...

I'd love to try this! We adore Hatch chiles. I will confess that I've never used turmeric but I'm curious. :)

Alycia Nichols said...

On a hotdog!!! 🌭 That is a GREAT idea!!! Hotdogs need all the spiffying up they can get! You made it look very highbrow and tasty!!! The corn is beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Great time of year to make delicious side dishes with it. As for hatch chiles, this is ALWAYS big news!!!!!!!!! 🌢🌢🌢

annies home said...

this looks very tasty what we all need for fall bonfires
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com