Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Bunny Tea Set - This Week's Find!

I have little by way of Easter tableware and decorations with the exception of some wonderful bunny dinner plates that I have used here. I was debating upon whether or not to bother with an Easter table considering I won’t be doing much by way of celebrating this year, when I stumbled upon this lovely Fitz & Floyd bunny tea set (from 1989) while clearing out the hutch in the breakfast room at my parents' house. 
My mother was like me in that she found it very difficult to resist the offerings of Fitz & Floyd. “Oh, that Fitz! Oh, that Floyd! They know what we like!” we used to say as we carried our finds up to the cash register.
She always hosted Easter brunch, but I don’t recall her ever serving tea, or even using the sugar and creamer when she served coffee.
Now that it's in my home, I guarantee it will be put to good use, more than likely with the pink cups that I found a week or so ago.
I love the detail in this set. The spout on the teapot is actually a bunny. Isn’t it adorable? After giving everything a good washing, my only decision now is to decide what type of tea to brew.

Come back next week to see what other treasures I have uncovered.

To see my previous find, click here.

This post is linked to:

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a cute and cleverly made little set! I know you'll enjoy using this. I love the fabric you have it sitting on!!
When we lived in Edmond, OK, I found a store called "Teaoli" that carried specialty teas, olive oils, and balsamic vinegars. I tried some of their teas and fell in love with flavored black teas. I have been a coffee drinker all my life (even in my teens), and just last year decided to start drinking tea instead of coffee in the morning. I found Teaoli online, and they still carry my favorite - Butterscotch Caramel Toffee, plus another I tried just yesterday for the first time called French Caramel Creme Brulee. I enjoy the whole process of boiling water and steeping the teas, which are a definite step above Lipton. ;) I guess I need to get myself a little tea set!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh these are so sweet! Yes, I love anything Fitz & Floyd! These would make a cute vignette or centerpiece!
Jenna

Louca por porcelana said...

Absolutely adorable!I just looooove it!