Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Keymaster’s Peanut Butter Parallel

 
You just never know where you’re going to find the next interesting recipe. Case in point, this one that I discovered in Ghostbusters: The Official Cookbook, a recent release for fans of the movies in the Ghostbusters franchise. My boys liked the original version of this movie so much that, having heard it again and again, as they seemingly watched it on repeat, I have memorized most of the dialogue. When I spotted this book (a real delight for fans of the series as well as young and beginner cooks), I couldn’t resist paging through. Because I am a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, this was a recipe that I had to try. It is delicious! I can’t imagine anyone not absolutely loving it. Prior to making this, it never occurred to me to include peanut butter with ice cream, or to melt peanut butter and use it as a topping, but rest assured, I will be doing this many times in the future. Instead of having Redi-whip on hand, I whipped my own cream. I think next time I’m going to add a little bit of peanut butter powder to the whipped cream to get the full effect.  This is rich and filling, but, oh so delicious.

 The Keymaster’s Peanut Butter Parallel
From Ghostbusters: The Official Cookbook

1 c. chocolate ice cream.
1 c. vanilla ice cream
3 T. smooth peanut butter
½ c. whole milk
1 c. whipped cream.
1 T. melted peanut butter
2 T. crushed
honey roasted peanuts

In a blender, combine chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, smooth peanut butter, and milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.

Top with the whipped cream. Drizzle over the melted peanut butter, top with crushed peanuts, and serve.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I've had such a sweet tooth lately - even though I am not big on peanut butter, this looks decadent and I would definitely not turn it down...

Marie Smith said...

Yummy! Does it get any better than peanut butter and ice cream?