Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine Table for Two


I don’t know about you, but over the course of time, it becomes more and more challenging to come up with a holiday table different from those that I’ve done in the past. This year I decided to put my clear  Duralex luncheon plates to good use by placing them on top of a plaid dinner plate from Pier One, and then use floral wrapping paper to place beneath the clear plate to make it appear as though it had a cluster of roses in the center. I have used these Duralex plates in the past here, here, and here, and enjoy the creativity involved in coming up with something suitable to put underneath each time. It can make a table setting deeply personal.

I wanted to incorporate neutrals, and I did by using a brown table covering, white shabby chic charger, and square black plate to form the base of my place setting. The red flatware I inherited from my mother.

The napkins were made by my cousin years ago. My mother taught her how to hem napkins, and these were among the first that she made. Happily, tiring of them over time, she gave them to me. 

I decided to use both red and pink in my table setting. The white pitcher is filled with pink tulips. A scattering of Valentine M&M’s add a bit of whimsy, not to mention dessert.

Speaking of dessert, I made delicious white almond cupcakes on which I piped pale pink almond butter cream frosting. I shared this with my number one son and his family, and they were over the moon with these.


I wanted to add a bit of crystal sparkle, so incorporated knife rests that I inherited from my mother, and used the crystal candle holders that the late Mr. O-P bought me as we celebrated our first Christmas together.

 
While I did send Valentines this year, opting to send them through Juliette, Georgia to get the special postal cancellation and cachet. I didn’t get as many done as I had hoped, so used the remaining as tabletop decorations.

 A trio of glassware rounds out the place setting. The cranberry cut glass liquor glasses hadn’t been used in quite a while, and I thought this would be a good time to get them out. The LaRochere wine glass will be put to use as will the pale pink pressed water glass.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The table is a feast for the eyes. Beautiful!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I think your idea to cut the wrapping paper and put in under the plate is brilliant! How do you make it stick?
Your table (as usual) is beyond lovely. Hope you enjoyed Valentines Day!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Judee, a little dab of rubber cement will hold it in place and dry clear. That’s all you need, at the top and bottom of the paper.

Linda said...

Gorgeous table Pattie. I love the red and pink together. My favorite things are the flowers under the clear plates and the cranberry glasses.