Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Pretzel Dip

 
What I am about to say is going to be controversial, but I am not a pretzel person. Unless they are warm and right out of the oven, I always think they taste like rather dull pieces of bread. In fact, I think that I prefer dull pieces of bread. That said, I stumbled upon some pretzel crisps that I quite like, and thought would go well with this dip that I adapted from one I found online. The pretzels that I chose were sprinkled with that “everything” seasoning, and while they were very good on their own, they were fantastic with this dip. With Super Bowl coming up in a couple of weeks, you may give this some consideration. It helps to make it a day ahead to allow flavors to meld — an added bonus.  Pretzel Dip

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

⅓ c. heavy cream

⅓ c. Duke’s mayonnaise

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

1 t. Frank’s hot sauce

½ t. horseradish

½ t. Melissa’s minced garlic

3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled

1½ c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese

1 small Melissa’s shallot, minced

Parsley flakes, for garnish

 Place all ingredients EXCEPT the parsley flakes into a medium mixing bowl, and beat until well blended. Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Serve with Everything Pretzel Crisps.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

This looks yummy! When we are over the last dips I made, we will try it. Hubby love pretzels.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It does sound perfect for the Super Bowl and very interesting too.I've never heard of anything like it.

Linda said...

That dip looks fantastic! I am not a big pretzel fan either, unless they are filled with peanut butter. But "everything" pretzels? You bet!

thepaintedapron.com said...

The dip sounds delicious and what a great idea to serve it with those Everything Pretzel Crisps~ I need to get a bag of those!
Jenna