Thursday, January 11, 2024

Snowy Woods Tablescape

 
I always associate the month of January with snow, but statistics indicate that, in my part of the country anyway, more snow falls in March than it does January. Go figure.

This table setting came about because, in looking back at all of the friendships that I have lost due to their passing, I remembered one Christmas about 25 years ago when friends of ours gave us a crystal snowman. What is unique about the snowman is that the silver-plated metal arms that look like twigs are held in place by magnets embedded in the snowman.  That way the positioning can be changed up anyway that you like.

 
The last time I remembered using the snowman was at my former home that I haven’t lived in since 2012. That sent me on a quest to the belly of the beast wherein I dug through every box until I found it. I can’t tell you how happy it made me to find this. I put it on my table in the Conservatory, little tufts of polyester fiberfill snow around it, and put a couple of lighted trees in place to make it look like winter.
 
I chose an unobtrusive beige tablecloth, as well as tin chargers. I wanted a silvery frosty look, and that worked for me. On top of the tin chargers are smaller Italian chargers that used to belong to my mother. They have a forest green border, and I chose them so that they would pick up a little bit of green in the evergreens in the centerpiece.
On top of these, I have simple gray plates from Arora, topped with a cute little snowman plate, a part of the “Snowman Forest” pattern from Mikasa.

I chose simple, gray napkins, so as not to compete with the snowman design on the plate, and hammered flatware (also from Mikasa) to give the place setting a bit of an icy look. I combined La Rocher glassware with a vintage juice glass, again to get a bit more sparkle.


 Scattered around the table are my favorite snowflake tea light holders that I got years ago from Crate & Barrel; they have certainly served me well over the years. In addition, I have little white wooden snowflakes, in three sizes, to set the snowy mood. Cups and saucers are simple snow white cappuccino cups.

I intend to enjoy this table throughout the month of January. I like the icy coolness of it.

Stay warm!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


5 comments:

Linda said...

Icy coolness is a perfect description. That crystal snowman is really unique with those arms. I love the green chargers, and I love that snowflake pillow!

Gina said...

This is cozy and wintry all at the same time. We won't get snow or ice here until February, but this weekend will get temps in the single digits. Brrrr. I am still decorating for winter and will leave it out until March. Your table looks like its ready for something delish!

thepaintedapron.com said...

So pretty Pattie! I love your snowman and your wooden snow flakes! You even have a snowflake pillow, love it! Stay cozy and enjoy!
Jenna

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful setting, as always! I love the greenery around the snowman!

sandy said...

wow, this is gorgeous!