Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Borough Market


If you ever find yourself in London, a place that you must visit is Borough Market. Located in Southwark in Central London, it is a wholesale and retail food market that is heaven for the foodie. One of the largest and oldest food markets, shoppers can find a large variety of foods from all over the world. Historically it focused on fruits and vegetables, but in recent years stalls dealing with the fine food retail market have been added, among them, Artisan Bakers DeGustibus, Furness Fish & Game Supplies, Peter Gott and Sillfield Farm, Richard Bramble Pottery (I wanted ALL of this!), and the Spanish company Brindisa.












6 comments:

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Pattie,

What beautiful photographs of Southwark Market. My sister lives in Kent and she took me to this market, and like you I loved it.
I did not take photographs so it was lovely to see the market's vibrancy through your photographs.
What a treat.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Mary said...

Pattie~ What a feast for the eyes and tastebuds! I've never been to London but this market would definitely be one of my stops! Thanks for taking me along :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Pattie! This is just amazing. Loved every picture. How neat that you got to experience this. Makes me want to be in England so much!

XO,

Sheila

Alycia Nichols said...

What on EARTH is that on the far right of the photo with all the fish??!?!?!! (The 2nd photo) I have NEVER seen anything like that in my life! It looks like alien feet! :-)
It's always so fun and interesting to see foods from other countries!!!!

What a great open-air market!!! They even sell dishes!!! Hooray!!! In the first photo, I had to take a 2nd look before I realized those great big discs were actually CHEESE!!!!! Wow! Amazing! Cool to see the Brussels sprouts still on the stalks, too. I've seen them that way at a local grocer, but the stalks had probably been cut in half because they weren't nearly this long.

Beautiful!!! But really...what IS that on the fish photo??!?!??!?!?!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a fabulous market! Everything looked so fresh and wonderful. I loved all your photos.

The Tablescaper said...

I was there about 5 years ago. It is an amazing place. Your photos are fabulous.

Great to have you be a part of "Oh, the PLACES I have been!"

- The Tablescaper