Saturday, May 3, 2014

Lime-infused Salt

 The other day while I was watching the baseball game, yelling at the manager (seriously,  I know I could do a better job...sometimes), and sipping a nice glass of freshly brewed iced tea, sweetened, ever so slightly, with Tangerine Sugar,  I started thinking that a Bloody Mary would really taste good. Then I thought, hmmm, if I can make delicious sugar by infusing it with the zest of tangerines, could I do the same with salt by infusing it with the zest of lime?  It turns out, I can!  

A delicious edging to Bloody Marys and margaritas, this lime salt is a cinch to make. You'll not use as much of it as you would sugar, so a half cup of salt (not Kosher) and the zest of one pudgy lime is all it takes.  Fragrant and delicious, this has more uses than you can image.  It was wonderful sprinkled on top of radishes, baked potatoes, and salmon before roasting.  

Don't you just love it when something simple is so much fun?

Lime Salt

1/2 cup salt (not kosher)
1 tablespoon lime zest (please use organic, I use
Melissa's)

Mix together and stir well until all of that wonderful zest is fully blended with the salt. 

Use with reckless abandon.

This post is linked to:

No comments: