Monday, August 31, 2015

Deviled Eggs with Cucumber, Dill, and Capers



Yesterday I reviewed the wonderful new book, Martha Stewart's Appetizers. Today I am going to share with you one of the many simple recipes from this book. I am a huge fan of the deviled egg, and really appreciated the varieties featured in this volume. I also happen to like cucumbers, a lot, so thought this fresh variety sounded quite good. As it turned out, it was. Deviled eggs always seem like such wonderful bites of summer, but the addition of the cucumber here made it seem all the more so.
Deviled Eggs with Cucumber, Dill, and Capers
Makes 16

8 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons chopped capers
1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced (I used
Melissa’s mini cucumbers)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

In a saucepan, cover eggs with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 8 minutes. Drain eggs; run under cold water until cool enough to handle.

Peel eggs and halve lengthwise; remove yolks and transfer to a bowl. Mash with a fork, then mix in mustard, yogurt, dill, capers, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper.

Fill whites with yolk mixture as desired (i.e. piping with a plain or open star tip or, as I did, simply spoon it in). Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.

This post is linked to:

3 comments:

Linda said...

My family would never forgive me if I changed my deviled egg recipe, but I might secretly try this one sometime. I've wanted to try Greek yogurt in place of mayo for quite awhile.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I love deviled eggs and have tried many different
recipes. This one sounds so good - that I am going to try it. Will buy more eggs tomorrow. Good for a snack.
I love Deviled Eggs when I put crab meat in them with a little red pepper. Yum
Happy cooking.......
Mary

Unknown said...

Deviled eggs will forever remind me of home. My mama makes these all the time, and even though I live far away, I look forward to having them over the holidays when I'm home! I love your version too!