Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Fresh Grape Salad



As I sat enjoying this fresh grape salad, first from the delicate dish that you see here, and then spooning it straight from the serving bowl, I thought to myself that the photos do not do this justice. This dish is major yum! Easy to put together, with the convenience of make ahead, and the versatility of being both a salad and refreshing dessert, this is one that you have to try. At home with a formal dinner, ladies luncheon, pot luck, or picnic, this is a real crowd pleaser.

Take advantage of the wonderful and diverse varieties of grapes currently in season, using as many different types as you find available. I used what I had on hand, black and red muscato grapes, and petite, green Candy Sweets grapes, all from Melissa's Produce. If I'd have had champagne grapes, I would have added them as well to get a wonderful combination of color, size, and taste. Have fun with this. Any combination works well, just weigh what you have to equal a pound.
Fresh Grape Salad

1 pound any combination seedless grapes
1/4 cup sour cream
2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup brown sugar, not packed
1/3 cup crushed pecans

Wash and stem grapes and place in a large mixing bowl; set aside

Place sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl and, using a hand mixer, beat until creamy.  Pour mixture over grapes and fold to fully incorporate. Pour mixture into a serving bowl.

Make topping by combining brown sugar and pecans. Pour on top of grape mixture to cover.  Place foil over bowl and refrigerate overnight.
This post is linked to:

4 comments:

Marigene said...

Looks delicious, Pattie. Question...I am thinking it is supposed to be stem the grapes...I hate spell check!? Grapes and mangoes are probably my favorite fruits. I love the first pick of grapes that are still a little bit tart.
I am so glad that fall is not far away with all it's rich colors and cooler temperatures, and best of all lower humidity.
Have a great week.

Linda said...

I've seen this recipe before, but for some reason yours, as evidenced by the photos, looks far better than any I've seen. :D All those different grapes sound marvelous!

Carlee said...

Yum! My little guy is a grape fiend. I will have to make this soon!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a unique recipe to me that sound so good! My three granddaughters ate so many black grapes with me today I couldn't believe it. Think I will head to the store for more just so I can make this.