Thursday, March 16, 2023

Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili

 
I don’t know how it is in your part of the world, but in mine it’s not usual to take a cold turn in the middle of March. I well remember having had months of April where we have gotten snow. Personally, I would prefer that it get warm earlier than it does (and  cold earlier than it does), unfortunately I don’t have any say. I will say that this cold weather sent me into the kitchen to make a big pot of chili. It had been a long time since I had made white chicken chili, and this time I decided to give it a whirl in the crockpot.  What a heavenly way to warm myself up inside and out.

Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili

 2 whole chicken breasts

1 t. salt

½ t. freshly ground black pepper

1 t. Melissa's minced garlic

1½ t. cumin

1 t. dried oregano

1 t. chili powder

¼ t. cayenne pepper

1 yellow onion diced

3 garlic cloves minced

2 15-oz. cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed

2 4-oz. cans diced green chiles, drained

3 c. chicken broth

6 oz. cream cheese, cubed

½ c. heavy cream

¼ c. chopped cilantro

 Spray the slow cooker insert with PAM.

Place first 12 ingredients into your slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken and return it to the pot.

 Add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir, cover, and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the cream cheese has melted and the chili is warmed through.  Stir in the cilantro, and serve.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Living in Texas, I've only ever made the red chili. I'll have to try this!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

This chilli looks so good. I’ll have to try it. I am beginning to use citrus as a fresh taste in recipes as I see you do. Love it.

Gina said...

White Chicken Chili is my favorite way to eat chili!

Mari said...

We love chili here, both red and white chicken. I have a few versions I make and I'll have to add yours. It looks fabulous!

Linda said...

I had to check out your version and compare it to my daughter's. Jenni uses sour cream and half and half, but I like your addition of cream cheese! I love the way you garnish your dishes, the lime just makes my mouth water.