Friday, March 31, 2023

M&M Sugar Cookies

 In my Easter themed Table for Two tablescape, you may have noticed the pastel M&Ms in the bunny egg cups. I had a lot of those left over, and was looking for something to do with them, rather than just eating them straight out of the bag. I’ve always enjoyed M&M cookies, and recently had one from the bakery, that, instead of being made with dough similar to that of a chocolate chip cookie, was made of sugar cookie dough. I thought that was a great idea, so I combined a favorite sugar cookie recipe and the M&Ms, and this is the result. Imagine how cute these would be stacked in a cello bag with a pastel ribbon tied around the top to take as a hostess gift, put in Easter baskets, or at each place setting at your Easter dinner.

M&M Sugar Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar plus more for rolling.
2 large eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. kosher salt
 One bag pastel M&Ms

  Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with PAM, or line with a Silpat; set aside.

 In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; add vanilla and almond extracts, mix well.

 Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, blending until combined.

 Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out balls, roll in granulated sugar, flatten slightly, and place on prepared baking sheet spacing 1½” – 2” apart. Press 5 to 6 M&Ms into the top of each cookie. Bake for 9 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool five minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

7 comments:

Donna said...

This is a great Idea!
Thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

These look great for Easter. I may have to put aside my disdain for creaming butter!

Gina said...

Those look absolutely perfect, and I have everything to make them!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I am quite a fan of M&Ms and the pastel ones for Easter look so pretty and must taste great in those sugar cookies.

Balvinder said...

These sugar cookies look quite attractive with M&M's.

Linda said...

Your recipe is very similar to my old drop sugar cookie recipe, and what a great idea to add M&Ms. Is the cookie chewy or crisp - whatever it is looks really good. I'd be in danger of eating the whole pan.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Linda, the cookies are no longer around, so I’m trying to remember what they were like. I suppose they were crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.