Thursday, September 5, 2024

How 'bout Them Apples? TABLESCAPE

 
I had big plans for lots of table settings this summer, but sadly, did very few of them. But, I am beginning to emerge from the heat and humidity, am truly embracing September, and today felt like celebrating fall with this apple table.
I don’t often use my dough bowl — I’m not quite sure why — but it proved the perfect vessel for this beautiful combination of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples from Melissa’s Produce. Interspersed among the apples for a little bit of pattern are the Tennessee Dancing gourds that I grew this year. It is on these colors that I based this table.
 The stack of ceramic apple bowls belonged to my mother, as did the wire basket holding Fuji apples, and vibrant red flatware. The smoky stemware belonged to my mother as well.
The tin chargers come from a favorite local shop, The White Rabbit; the glass crescent salad dishes are vintage, and one of the first things I purchased after graduating from college. I had a small table, and reasoned that these would take up less room than the traditional round salad plates, and I was right. I still love them after all these years.
Number two son gave me the bright green appetizer plates and cocottes; I love that color with the red.
Woven placemats, black plaid plates, and green plaid napkins are all from Pier One.
The cups are vintage, and a part of a bigger set of Galloping Gourmet (Remember Graham Kerr?) cookware that was given away, piece by piece, for free with a $10 or more purchase back in grocery stores in the ‘70s.
 
I always find a transitional table appropriate for this time of the year. I don’t generally bring out the rusty reds and burnt oranges until October, but look out when I do!
 
 
 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely table! Thanks for the links!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

The apple orchard nearby opens this weekend. I love apple picking time. This decor is lovely!

mjmaterazo said...

Lovely table. I love all the bright green touches. It's perfect for this time of year. XO- MaryJo

Linda said...

That's quite a haul of apples - I guess you'll be using them in recipes? Those little gourds are adorable. I like the apple napkin rings and just love all your pieces - the colors are lovely.

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a perfect table for early Fall Pattie! Love the mix of red and green with the black plaids. You grew those gourds, wow! Graham Kerr, that takes me back!
Jenna

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thanks, Mary Jo. I really like this table myself. So much so that I’m not all that eager to take it down.