Monday, September 2, 2024

Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts

 
As happens every year about this time, it is officially pumpkin spice season! I have to say that I always welcome it. I’m quite grateful to live where I do, where each season is clearly defined. After the heat of summer, I welcome cool, crisp fall days, the crackle of a log fire, and everything pumpkin.
 
This year I decided to try something new and put my mini donut maker to work. If you don’t have a mini donut maker, they are great fun. They are super simple to use, small enough to easily store, and knock out donuts as quickly (or even quicker) as you can make waffles or pancakes, and look how adorable they are. They are also quite tasty, and the perfect start to the season.

Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts

 ¼ c. vegetable oil

1 large egg

¾ c. sugar

¾ c. pumpkin purée

¾ t. pumpkin pie spice

¾ t. salt

¾ t. baking powder

1 scant c. flour*

¼ c. melted butter

½ c. sugar

1 T. cinnamon

 Preheat mini donut maker.

 In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT flour until smooth. Add flour, stirring until evenly mixed.

 Grease a mini donut pan (if necessary, mine is nonstick, so there was no need), and pipe mixture into wells until each is a little more than half full. Bake for 2-3 minutes, or until indicator light turns on signaling that they are done. Remove donuts and allow to cool.

 While you are waiting, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. In a shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted (30 to 45 seconds depending upon the wattage of your microwave). Dip donuts into butter, covering to coat, and then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture, rolling around to thoroughly coat.

 *A scant up is a cup minus 1 tablespoon.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the pumpkin and spices in these! Yummy!

Linda said...

They look delicious, and thanks for showing the inside! I assume you took a bite ;) Boy that donut maker is fast. Much quicker and easier than using my mini cupcake pan, which is what I use to make "donut" muffins when the family comes.