Monday, October 25, 2010

Baked Potato Soup from the Magpie Cafe

A trip to St. Charles would not be complete without shopping on Historic Main Street, and dining at Magpie Cafe. Fortunately when I can't get there, or when the weather is too inclement to be able to sit outside on their multi-level patio and watch shoppers stroll the cobbled streets, I can at least fix one of my favorites, the Baked Potato Soup, at home.  It is but one of their many delicious specialties.

As luck would have it, this recipe is one of the many gems in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's cookbook called Special Requests, that I mentioned earlier here.

I made this soup for dinner tonight to accompany a salad, and while the atmosphere might not have been quite as festive as dining at the restaurant (though I'm sure my husband would disagree), the soup was just as good.

Let me encourage you to try it!  Here's the recipe.




Cup - Konitz Cappuccino from Amazon


Konitz K103 Coffee Bar Cappuccino Cups and Saucers Set of 4

2 comments:

Dee said...

My family LOVES baked potato soup! Yummy! I am so glad Soup weather is here again. Looks like a fun spot & what a great day out you had. Puts me in a Fall mood for sure. Have a great day.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pattie...

Mmmm...I love potato soup! I haven't ever tried "baked" potato soup though. The recipe sounds sooo delicious and we are coming into the time of the year when a good, hearty soup for dinner is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week! I'll definitely be giving your recipe a try!

I bet the Italian seasonings really make for a different flavor too!

Warmest wishes,
Chari