Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

My husband is a pancake purist.  If I add so much as add a chopped pecan he balks.  Me?  I'll try as many varieties as are available and then some.  Fruit varieties appeal in the summer, but come fall and winter and I'm drawn to more seasonal tastes like pumpkin, squash, and gingerbread.

The Pancake Handbook: Specialties from Bette's Oceanview DinerThis morning I made the pumpkin dollar cakes from our local market's cooking flyer.  It's not that I don't have plenty of pancake, waffle, crepe, and breakfast in general, cookbooks.  No, I have plenty and am likely to get more, (The Pancake Handbook is next on my list), the flyer just happened to be within arm's reach, the photo beckoning me to give this recipe a try.  How can anyone resist such a beckon?

As it turned out, they were great!  Spicy, pumpkin-y deliciousness in a cute little dollar size.  With a cup of coffee served in my Starbuck's pumpkin mug, I felt downright festive!  If you're interested in having a little seasonal breakfast fun of your own, here's the recipe.  If you have a problem reading it, please email me and I'll send it to you.

4 comments:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What lovely pancakes. You're very clever to think of using pumpkin. They sound delicious.
A great seasonal treat.
Sam

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

As an experiment, I added 1/4 cup of pumpkin to waffle batter along with 1/2 t. of pumpkin pie spice and a handful of chopped pecans, just to see how they'd be. They were great! So many times I'll have a bit of pumpkin left over from a recipe, so using it us this way is both practical and delicious. Thanks for your comment.

Karen said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog Pattie. Just yesterday I was in the grocery store thinking about how I'd love to make some pumpkin pancakes but I don't know what I did with my recipe. I clicked on the image and it enlarged enough for me to read your recipe. I'll have to try this some evening for dinner. My kids love breakfast for dinner.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love breakfast for dinner too, Karen. Hope you enjoy them.