Monday, December 17, 2012

Rosemary for Christmas


Here’s a quick holiday decorating tip that will liven up your table, add a touch of festiveness to the buffet, and is perfectly usable when the holidays are over and you’re struggling to find a place to store everything.  Head to Lowe’s and get yourself a little rosemary plant that has been conically shaped to resemble a Christmas tree.  Pick up a package of bows from Michael’s that are now drastically reduced to such an extent that you’ll be paying under a dollar for a set of 12, grab some red berries from off of your wreath, out of your yard (or the neighbor’s yard under cover of darkness – unless, of course, you have a very vigilant Neighborhood Watch), and add a small string of LED lights.  You will have a lovely little living tree that smells wonderful, and its portability will brighten any dark corner in your house.  After the holidays, keep it in a very sunny spot and water it weekly.  With any luck you’ll have a wonderful herb plant to sink into your garden come spring where you will be rewarded again and again with fresh rosemary whenever you need it.  How cute is this?


This post is linked to:

2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I saw these and almost bought one. But then I thought I might kill it before Christmas. I'm hard on plants, Pattie. But this is a great idea. Loved them. I might just have to go back and get one.

XO,

Sheila

Lori E said...

I love it. I have a small one growing in a planter on my front porch but not big enough for this.
If it were on my table I would be touching it every time I walk by to enjoy the scent.