Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Breakfast Tablesetting



  Yesterday I gave you six ideas for making some delicious breakfast or brunch dishes. Today I am showing you a simple but lovely table setting that you can effortlessly create to serve your delicious breakfast treats.


 Not all tables have to be over-the-top fancy and loaded with eye candy. Those tables are fun, don't get me wrong, but when I have the first meal of the day, I like to enjoy it in peace and quiet, sipping espresso and nibbling a croissant, while watching the birds at the feeder and listening to the rustle of the morning paper behind which Mr. O-P is huddled and happily engrossed.

  I chose a simple black and white color scheme with a shock or two of red, one in the Sur La Table Italian ceramic napkin holder (the napkins belonged to my mother), and the other in the Fiestaware pitcher full of white Alstromeria.
 
 The white plates were bought years ago for 50 cents apiece at Old Time Pottery.  That was one of the best investments that I ever made.  The white cups and saucers are from Amazon.  The white bowls and condiment set are from the Pottery Barn Great White Collection.

 The whimsical plastic flatware is from a picnic basket set that we got as a wedding gift (20 years ago) from Crate & Barrel.

 
 The little black polka dotted under plate is from 222 Fifth and yet another great investment as I seriously use these plates everywhere, here and here for example. No one has an inkling that they are Christmas plates.
 The glassware is my favorite La Rochere.
 
This post is linked to:

12 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I always enjoy when you create tabelsettings, Pattie. This one is exceptionally simple and refreshing, especially with those red pops! Very nice, thank you so much for sharing, Pattie. Enjoy your day:)

La Table De Nana said...

Today he comes home~
I wish you both a very special day..

I don't even know him and I am happy for him:)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Perfect breakfast setting, beautifully done. We celebrated last night with dinner out. Today we are not eating much:) Happy V's day!!!!

Marigene said...

I like the simplicity of your table, Pattie. Love the flatware!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend...and Happy Valentine's Day.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

So pretty..."simply" beautiful! Jane

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

This was really simple yet beautiful.
Love the black and white with the touches of red, this would be perfect
at my daughter house for sure. Interesting white silverware (couldn't think of any other word) lol, never seen any like that before.
Thanks for sharing this with us,
Blessings, Nellie

Ron said...

Your table setting is so well done. Thanks for sharing at the first Share Your Style party. I hope you will follow Uptown Acorn:)

The Tablescaper said...

Very cute.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

candlelightsupper said...

Just so lovely! Love the wording on the cards.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love this! The striped placemats grabbed my eyes and the flatware too! I do fancier tablescapes for fun but I agree that creating such looks especially for breakfast isn't very practical. I like that napkin holder especially with your mother's napkins.

Anonymous said...

Lovely table...perfect for the day!

Katherines Corner said...

it looks lovely, the perfect setting for a romantic breakfast. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo