Friday, November 18, 2016

Neutral Thanksgiving Tablescape

As we make our way closer to Thanksgiving, tablescapes change from the brilliant orange, amber, and brown hues into something more frosty and tranquil as we head toward the chill of December.
This table is similar to last week’s table in that I kept the wonderful tablecloth, and double placemats along with the spice root dinnerware from Pier One, this time topping it with these fabulous pumpkin and vine soup bowls by Maxcera.

I am crazy about white and green, so was over the moon to have found this set of dinnerware; it appeals to me on so many levels. The harvest image, the fall pumpkin, the vine, the green and white, the fact that it will go with so many different layers of plates.

The centerpiece is a bit of a sentimental one, because both candle holders and candles once belonged to my mother. When my son and his family came for brunch on Sunday he spotted them right away, recalling that they had been used at my parents’ lake house many years ago. 

I love the whimsy of the candle holders, and I'm truly in love with these corncob candles. Where on earth does a person find candles that look like this any more? It seems to me there used to be a lot of different shaped candles, but now I find even tapers are more and more difficult to locate. At any rate, these wonderful candle holders and candles flank last week’s centerpiece, changed up only slightly by removing the hurricane and candle, and replacing it with the simple turkey.

I have had this turkey for more years than I care to remember. When I first bought it years ago at a shop on Main Street in downtown St. Charles Missouri, that is, sadly, no longer in business, it had all kinds of dried flowers, leaves, feathers, etc. sticking out of the back. As the dried arrangement was seriously showing its age (and aren’t we all!) when I pulled it out this year, so I managed to retrieve the two feathers to use in the bowl with the other organic bits, pulled everything else off of the turkey, and had intended to spray paint it white. As it turned out, I loved it so much as it is that I decided to keep it.


This is just another example of how easy it is to create a table, making slight changes from week to week, to get an entirely new look, putting into service beloved items from the past that may have been showing their age, but can be revitalized with a few simple touches.
This post is linked to:

7 comments:

Linda said...

I am in love with the green and white Maxcera bowls! Also the candles. It's stunning Pattie. Will you use it for Thanksgiving dinner?

Marigene said...

This is one of my favorite tables you have done...I love brown and green together, so earthy. Your new soup bowls are gorgeous. Did you get the whole set or just bowls? The corn candlesticks are perfect with this table. I have had a hard time finding tapers, too...I thought it was just this area that wasn't carrying them, not even WalMart and they used to have them in several colors. Guess everyone is using pillar candles, these days.

thepaintedapron.com said...

This is beautiful Pattie! LOVE the corn candles and unusual green pumpkin bowls! Lovely combination of fall colors and texture-
Jenna

Christina Paul said...

What beautiful table and love the personal touches that make it so special!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Chloe Crabtree said...

A lovely table and a lovely combination of soup bowl and salad plate! I love it so much because I used the same pairing last year! Great minds think alike! Thanks for sharing!

Calypso In The Country said...

Such a pretty table - I love all the color!
Shelley

Kathryn Griffin said...

I love the pumpkin and vine bowls! So pretty and unexpected in green and white. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the Showcase. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/11/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-7-8.html Hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse