Friday, December 17, 2021

My 2021 Christmas Card

It is, once again, the time of the year where I share my annual Christmas card. (I have shared a number of my cards with you here, here, and here.) This year marked some big changes, one of the biggest was that the lanai that I had built in 2017 (and that you can read about here) was torn down and replaced with a four-season room, now referred to as “The Conservatory.” Suitable, I thought, considering my love of the mystery game “Clue!” coupled with the fact that it is loaded with plants.

 

 I spend every morning out in this room working on various pursuits, basking in the sunshine coming in from being surrounded by walls of windows, and gigantic skylights overhead. For that reason, I knew as soon as it was completed, that it was going to house the Christmas tree this year. I took a photo of it on the evening after Thanksgiving, and thought it suitable for this year’s card. So, without further adieu, here is the card, front, inside, and back, as well as the collaged envelopes in which they traveled.

Merry Christmas to all!

 

7 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Merry Christmas ! Your cards are beautiful . I remember reading about the Linai. - Can't believe you are rebuilding.. Enjoy...

Balvinder said...

Making your own Christmas cards are such a fun thing to do.

The Tote Trove said...

I do love a conservatory -- and yes, I immediately thought of Clue! Then again, I always associate the word lanai with The Golden Girls. So way to keep pop culture alive in your home. :) Very charming card. The collage style envelope makes it extra special!

Rustown Mom said...

Your Christmas cards are like works of art - I love the tree photo and the decorated envelopes! I didn't send cards out this year, but I will next year. Maybe. Instead, I wrote one to each of my children which included a personal message. Your cards are inspiring me for next year...Merry Christmas!

Marie Smith said...

Merry Christmas to you. Your conservatory sounds delightful. Enjoy!

Alycia Nichols said...

How you do this is simply BEYOND ME!!!!! You have the patience of Job and the talent of...whoever does this and makes millions. Hallmark? I don't know. You just have a remarkable talent! Your tree is beautiful in the new space, and I can't WAIT to see the conservatory in person!!! C'mon, COVID...get outta here!!!!!!!!!

Linda said...

How wonderful! Is Stanley in one of those pictures? That photo of the tree is just perfect. Beautiful job Pattie. :)