Monday, June 13, 2022

Pineapple Cheese Ball

As I’ve mentioned before, I occasionally like to rummage through my mother’s recipe box. I decided to do that last week and came upon a recipe for pineapple cheese ball written in my late aunt’s handwriting. This seemed like the season for it and it sounded refreshing. Her version of this cheese ball called for green pepper. I like green pepper, but I wanted a little more zing, so I substituted the green pepper with pickled jalapeños, and that made a world of difference! This is one of those simple hors d’oeuvres that often goes unnoticed. It looks like nothing special, but the flavor is bright and tropical, with a nice amount of heat. If you are a fan of afternoon tea, this makes an excellent sandwich spread, particularly on a heavily seeded, nutty, whole wheat bread.

Pineapple Cheese Ball

2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 14-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
2 c. toasted pecans, chopped, divided
2
Melissa’s pickled jalapeños, seeded, stemmed, and minced
1 t.
  seasoned salt

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pineapple, 1 cup pecans, the jalapeños, and seasoned salt. Beat until combined. Form into a ball and roll in remaining cup of nuts. Chill overnight. If you want something a bit sweeter, consider replacing the pecans with toasted coconut.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That looks delicious. The peppers must give it a bit of kick to the pineapple sweetness.

Linda said...

I've had the version with green peppers and love it, so jalapenos would be over the top good for me. As you say it isn't the prettiest dip in the world but once you try it you are addicted.