Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Table for Two in the Conservatory

 
Last week I introduced you to the lanai-replacing conservatory, and gave you a look at the table for two located within. This week I am going to give you an up-close look at that table and the place settings. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy having my meals out here. I suspect my “Table for Two” posts will become on regular thing, and I couldn’t be happier. It's as lovely by day as it is by night.

Because I use this table so much, I thoroughly enjoy changing it up to suit certain color schemes, seasons, or my whim.

This week I decided to go with neutral colors to reflect the generally calming vibe of the room. The table itself is actually a wrought iron table with a mosaic top that I bought years ago for outside use from Pier One. Because the colors of the mosaic are quite bold (primary colors of red, blue, and yellow), I covered it with a round tablecloth in “burlap.” (I have a variety of these in a variety of sizes and colors, having found them on Amazon, and what a bargain!)

I then shopped the house collecting two of my favorite pieces that belonged to my mother in the elephant and candleholder (mysterious things.). Behind it is a candleholder disguised as greenery. the lid on the elephant lifts off revealing storage space for mysterious items.
Round wicker placemats are beneath those ubiquitous chippy white wooden chargers that everyone with the exception of Alycia, seems to have (also from Pier One). The square black plates were gifted to me by my son and are from Rachael Ray.  They are topped with scalloped-edge, white-on-white salad plates called “Blanc Amelie” by Maison Versailles.

The square bread plate in a large plaid pattern is from local favorite, The White Hare; it by Creative Co-Op. It is topped with a square, white fruit dish from World Market.

The crystal is Marquis “Park Lane;” flatware is “Napoleon Bee” by Wallace. The napkins are a favorite of mine. They are thick and luxurious, and from Pottery Barn.

I hope that you enjoyed this table and it provided a bit of inspiration for you. Keep in mind that a beautiful table may not be one for a crowd, but a simple one for you and a guest, or yourself alone.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am so fond on square dishes, so naturally I love the ones you have, especially that square white fruit dish. Do you remember in the 1990s when we all decorated with those round un-sturdy wood tables that we covered with round tablecloths? Well the fact that yours is wrought iron just makes it even better to me. I look forward to many more “Table for Two” posts!

sandy said...

What a beautiful setting. I have missed going to the fair, three years in a row and i would always see the tablescapes first.